Students are taught the basic education of Computer Science and Software Development in ICS. This degree provides strong ground for graduating in CS and IT. It trains our students in essential knowledge and expertise in Computers which is a pre-requisite for successful professional life in the present technology oriented era.
The duration of the programme is two years. The BISE conducts terminal examinations for 1st year and 2nd year separately.
In ICS, you study 6 subjects both in parts I & II. Both parts carry equal marks that are 550. The subject wise breakdown of marks for ICS is as follows:
1. English (Compulsory) = 100 Marks
2. Urdu (Compulsory) = 100 Marks
3. Islamic Education (Compulsory) = 50 marks (Part I only)/ Pakistan Studies (Compulsory) = 50 marks (Part 2 only)
4. Mathematics OR Economics= 100 marks
5. Physics OR Statistics= 100 marks
6. Computer Science = 100 marks
The same subjects are studied in ICS part II.
After completing your ICS, you can choose from a wide range of career choices whichever attracts you the most. Examples include: